Warning: Declaration of KunenaLayoutBase::debug($value) should be compatible with Joomla\CMS\Layout\BaseLayout::debug($data = Array) in libraries/kunena/layout/base.php on line 37

TOPIC: Membership

Membership 3 years 8 months ago #5

• kd2ehw
Are there any plans to try to grow the membership? Are there plans to reach out groups that might have interests in Ham radio( IE: boy scouts, girl scouts, JR/SR. secondary level schools? What is the mission for RRRA? Do we get involved in the community?

The auction was somewhat disappointing. I expected a bit more merchandise... This was my first experience at the auction and from what I saw, there was not much to be interested in myself attending one again. I guess I could have gone through stuff at my house, but I wasn't really sure what to expect.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Membership 3 years 5 months ago #6

• N2HJD
The Board has been actively containing cost and growing membership. RRRA was almost bankrupt and had less than 10 members. Currently all bills are paid and at last count we had 56 members. If you want to help recruit more members let the Membership Chairman and me know and we can appoint you to the task. You would be part of the Membership committee. This is your club and it is only as strong as it's membership.

As for the auction I was disappointed also. The attendance of sellers and buyers varies every year. Two years ago we had allot of sellers and buyers. Last year there were sellers and hardly any buyers and this last auction there was only 1 seller with a good number of buyers. Don't give up on the club or auction. The club is under a new administration which is trying to revitalize it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.